Sunday 9 October 2011

Podcasts and Jing

Thing 18 - Jing/ screen capture/ podcasts (making and following them)
Anything that makes a persons job easier has my vote and if you can put a video online demonstrating services so that users aren't tied to staffed hours for help this seems like a really good thing. In a 24/7 society where users want access to everything at all times it is necessary to adapt service provision, sometimes this even means getting to make a video.

I haven't made a video type guide but I have used them, I find the ones associated with software to be the most useful, like the ones used in Prezi, as they point and explain what an icon is or does so it's easy to follow. Even something as simple as 'click here' can speed things up, I completely relate to the example given in this Thing, I am forever trying to explain Hotmail to my dad and sending something as an attachment proved to be quite difficult to a man who struggles with technology (and has no patience to learn!), it's usually an interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment